Since 2016 natural gas production includes gas volumes consumed in oil and gas production and development activities.
The Yurkharovskoye oil and gas condensate field is the main producing asset of NOVATEK. The field’s western part lies on the Tazov Peninsula, while the central and eastern parts are situated offshore in the Tazov Gulf. The offshore part of the field is being developed from onshore locations using horizontal wells.
|Year of finding field||1970|
|License type||Exploration and Production|
|Date of expiration||Till 2034|
|Natural gas proved reserves (SEC)||213.5 bcm|
|Liquids proved reserves (SEC)||8.1 mmt|
|Share in NOVATEK production in 2017||48% of natural gas production and 13% of liquids production|
The field is connected to the UGSS via our own pipeline infrastructure. We control the transportation of unstable gas condensate transport to the Purovsky Plant via our own gas condensate pipeline.
In 2016 the Cenomanian production area achieved its design capacity with 18 wells in operation, the 48 MW Cenomanian gas booster compressor station was completed and launched. The 25 MW fourth phase of gas booster compressor station was commissioned bringing the station's aggregate capacity up to 300 MW.
- A new 2.5 MW gas turbine power plant was launched at the Yurkharovskoye field improving the field’s reliability of power supply and achieving energy independence.
- The third stage of compressor booster station, which included five compressor units, was launched, thus increasing the overall compressor capacity at the station to 300 MW.
- Completed the construction of the second stage of compressor booster station, which included four compressor units with a total capacity of 100 MW (175 MW total).
- Completed the construction of the first stage of a compressor booster station with capacity of 75 MW.
- Completed the construction of the fourth and last stage of the second phase of development at the field, which allowing to reach the field’s peak production of 36.5 bcm of natural gas per year.
- First well drilled as part of the realization of the pilot oil rims development project.
- Completion of the third stage of the second phase of development at the field, increasing our total productive capacity by seven bcm of natural gas and 600 mt of unstable gas condensate per annum thus increasing our total production capacity to approximately 33 bcm of natural gas and approximately three mmt of unstable gas condensate.
- Launched our unstable gas condensate de-ethanization unit at the field and a 326 kilometer unstable gas condensate pipeline connecting the field with our Purovsky Plant, both have capacities of three mmt per annum.
- Launched a 40 mt per annum methanol plant located on the territory of the Yurkharovskoye field, thus eliminating the need to transport methanol to the field and decreasing our operating costs and potential environmental risks related to its transportation. We have used the experience gained from the launch in September 2007 of the 12.5 mt per annum pilot methanol production plant to improve the design of our new plant. Our new plant uses higher quality anti-corrosive steel as well as a more efficient gas compressor unit.
- Modernizing the gas condensate de-ethanization unit at the Yurkharovskoye field, which was part of the first phase of the field's development and increased unstable gas condensate production capacity by approximately five mt per annum. We plan to continue modernizing the remaining six technological lines which we expect to increase our unstable gas condensate production capacity by approximately 36 mt per annum.
- Completion of the second stage of the second phase of development at the Yurkharovskoye field, which is similar to the first stage in terms of additional production capacities and facilities for natural gas and unstable gas condensate production, however, it differs in terms of the number of wells drilled, which included nine new horizontal wells. Upon completion of the second stage of development, the field's annual natural gas and gas condensate production capacity aggregated 23 bcm of natural gas and two mmt of unstable gas condensate, respectively.
- Completion of the first stage of the second phase of the Yurkharovskoye field infrastructure development with total productive capacity of seven bcm of natural gas and 600 mt of unstable gas condensate per annum. The first stage included the commissioning of ten new horizontal wells at the field and the construction of two processing units, a natural gas separation plant and a condensate preparation unit, each with an initial capacity of 20 mmcm per day.
- Launched a 12.5 mt per annum pilot methanol production plant.
- Commissioning of a 3.6 bcm per annum gas preparation facility, bringing the total gas preparation capacity to nine bcm per annum. We also completed the construction of a 16 kilometer spur gas pipeline connecting our existing pipeline to an additional point on the UGSS.
- Commissioning of a 5.4 bcm per annum gas preparation facility. The facility is capable of preparing Cenomanian and Valanginian gases by low temperature separation.
- Completion of our natural gas pipeline and gas condensate pipeline connecting the field to the UGSS and Gazprom' s gas condensate pipeline network.