Project Yamal LNG
YAMAL LNG is an integrated project for natural gas production, liquefaction and marketing
Key Project Advantages
- Large onshore conventional reserve base with high concentration of reserves
- Well known geology and proven development technologies
- Very low F&D and lifting costs
- High efficiency factor of gas liquefaction process due to sub-zero temperatures
- Access to both European and Asian markets
- State support, including tax benefits
The field development plan provides for the drilling of 208 wells at 19 well drilling pads. Natural gas produced at the field will be delivered to the international markets in a form of liquefied natural gas, or LNG, which requires construction of a liquefaction plant consisting of four (4) production trains. Three (3) factory lines are already operational. The shipping infrastructure includes a jetty with two tanker loading berths at the port of Sabetta equipped with ice protection barriers. Ice-class LNG carriers of special Arc-7 design are used to transport the LNG to international markets.
The final investment decision on the project was made in December 2013.
Production on the first train commenced on 5 December 2017. Yamal LNG has shipped the first LNG cargo containing 170 thousand cubic meters on 8 December 2017. Yamal LNG begins shipments from the second LNG train on August 2018. Yamal LNG commenced third LNG train production on November 2018.
Yamal LNG Train 4 with 0.9 mmt per annum capacity was launched in May 2021.