Working meeting: A.Miller, L.Mikhelson
Moscow, 28 November 2005. Today Gazprom Headquarters has hosted a working meeting between Alexey Miller, Chairman of the Management Board of OAO Gazprom and Leonid Mikhelson, Chairman of the Management Board of OAO NOVATEK. The parties dealt with the issues of implementation of the Partnership Agreement between the companies. The main themes of discussion were the perspectives for realization of joint projects in the area of geological prospecting and hydrocarbons processing.
The Partnership Agreement between OAO Gazprom and OAO NOVATEK was signed in July 2005.
The agreement relates to common interests of the parties in such areas as transportation, processing and sale of natural gas and chemical industry products derived from gas. The agreement also refers to the mutual benefits which can be derived from the
The Agreement set out the key areas of
- Developing an integrated
long-termstrategy of the development of gas industry in Russia and market relations in this area of activity.
- Developing production and infrastructure facilities in the gas industry on a mutually beneficial basis.
- Developing and implementing joint projects in the area of developing infrastructure for the transportation of gas condensate.
In the Agreement the parties mention their intention to join their efforts in the following areas:
- Creating joint operations for processing hydrocarbon feedstock, including production of ethylene / polyethylene, propilene / polipropilene, methanol and liquefied gas;
- Developing facilities for using liquefied and pressure gas as automobile fuel and in the housing sector;
- Implementing plans for social and economic development of regions and implementing measures for environmental rehabilitation.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.