NOVATEK elects new Board of Directors
Moscow, 3 October 2008. OAO NOVATEK (hereinafter «NOVATEK» and/or the «Company») announced that the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders («EGM») has elected a new Board of Directors (the «Board»).
The new Board is comprised of the following members:
- Akimov, Andrei Igorevich: Chairman of the Management Board of Gazprombank.
- Burckhard Bergmann: member of the Board of Directors of NordStream AG, Gazprom, Allianz
Lebensversicherungs-AG, Commerzbank AG, E.ON Energie AG, Accumulatorenwerke Hoppecke, Jaeger Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH & Co KG, MAN Ferrostaal AG, Telenor.
- Vardanian, Ruben Karlenovich: Chairman of the Board of Directors of Troika Dialog Group.
- Gyetvay, Mark Anthony: Chief Financial Officer of NOVATEK.
- Dmitriev, Vladimir Alexandrovich: Chairman of the Board of Directors of State Corporation «Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank)».
- Mikhelson, Leonid Viktorovich: Chairman of the Management Board of NOVATEK.
- Natalenko, Alexander Yegorovich: Chairman of the Board of Directors of NOVATEK, State Prize Laureate and Honored Geologist of the Russian Federation.
- Seleznev, Kirill Gennadievich: member of the Management Board of Gazprom, Director of Gazprom’s Gas and Liquid Hydrocarbons Marketing and Processing Department and General Director of Mezhregiongaz.
- Yuzhanov, Ilia Arturovich: Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors of OAO Kirovsky Zavod, member of the Board of Directors of OAO UralKaliy, OAO «Interregional Distribution Grid Company», OAO «Polymetal», member of Supervisory Board of
The quantitative composition of the Board of Directors increased to nine members, where seven are
Following the EGM, the new Board held its first meeting where Alexander Natalenko was elected Chairman of the Board. The Board also elected the members of the three Board committees.
The Strategy and Investments Committee comprised of the following members: Ilia Yuzhanov (the chairman), Burckhard Bergmann, Kirill Seleznev and Alexander Natalenko. The Audit Committee comprised of Vladimir Dmitriev (the chairman), Ruben Vardanian and Andrei Akimov. The Corporate Governance and Remuneration Committee comprised ofRuben Vardanian (the chairman), Mark Gyetvay, and Ilia Yuzhanov.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.