Press Releases and Events
To All Counteragents Of OAO NOVATEK And Its Subsidiaries
Moscow, 16 February 2016. Following requests from foreign companies asking OAO NOVATEK (“NOVATEK” and/or the “Company”) to confirm the validity of TERNEFTEGAZ COMPANY (TNG) offers to conclude sales and purchase agreements for fuel oil, jet fuel, bitumen or other hydrocarbons, NOVATEK would like to make the following statements:
1. Neither NOVATEK nor its affiliates ever offer to conclude any sales and purchase agreements by sending blank contract forms signed by an authorized person and sealed.
2. Closed Joint Stock Company (CJSC) Terneftegas, a joint venture between NOVATEK (51%) and Total (49%), is not exporting hydrocarbons.
3. TERNEFTEGAZ COMPANY (TNG) and its website www.terneftegaz.com do not have any relation to NOVATEK Group or CJSC Terneftegas.
4. NOVATEK bears no responsibility for the actions of TERNEFTEGAZ COMPANY (TNG) or of any persons acting on behalf of TERNEFTEGAZ COMPANY (TNG).
5. We urge all participants in the petroleum market to exercise prudence in selecting partners to avoid potential fraud.
Should you have any doubts about the validity of documents signed on behalf of OAO NOVATEK or its affiliates, do not hesitate to apply to our Security Hotline either by mailing at email@example.com or by calling + 7 (495) 232-39-59.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.