Press Releases and Events
NOVATEK elects new Board of Directors
Moscow, 14 December 2006. OAO NOVATEK today announced the results of itsextraordinary general shareholders’ meeting (EGM) which took place on 13 December 2006. At the EGM, shareholders approved the early termination of the powers of the Company’s existing Board of Directors and then elected the new members of the Board. The new Board is comprised of the following members:
- Akimov Andrei Igorevich, Chairman of the Management Board of «Gazprombank»;
- Vardanian, Ruben Karlenovich: Chairman of the Board of Directors of «Troika Dialog» Group;
- Gyetvay, Mark Anthony: Chief Financial Officer of NOVATEK;
- Dmitriev, Vladimir Alexandrovich: Chairman of the Board of Directors of «Vnesheconombank»;
- Mikhelson, Leonid Viktorovich: Chairman of the Management Board of NOVATEK;
- Natalenko, Alexander Yegorovich: Chairman of the Board of Directors of NOVATEK;
- Seleznev, Kirill Gennadievich: member of the Board of Directors of Gazprom, Director of Gazprom’s Gas and Liquid Hydrocarbons Marketing and Processing Department, and General Director of Mezhregiongaz;
- Yuzhanov, Ilia Arturovich: Chairman of the Supervisory Board of
NOMOS-BANKand a member of the Board of Directors of UES.
NOVATEK’s Board of Directors expressed their gratitude to former members of the Board,
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.