Press Releases and Events
NOVATEK Board оf Directors approves agenda for Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
Moscow, 21 April 2008. OAO NOVATEK (the «Company») today announced the results of its Board of Directors meeting in preparation for the upcoming Company’s Annual General Shareholders meeting («AGM»). The Board of Directors reviewed each of the Board’s Committees reports and recommendations and gave preliminary approval to the Company’s annual report for 2007.
The Board approved the agenda of the Company’s AGM to include:
- To approve the Company’s Russian statutory accounts and annual report for the year ended 31 December 2007, and the allocation of profit and loss, including approval of the final dividend, payable to shareholders according to NOVATEK’s 2007 annual results;
- Election of members of the Board of Directors of OAO NOVATEK;
- Election of members of the Revision Commission of OAO NOVATEK;
- To appoint the Company’s auditor for 2008;
- To approve the remuneration to members of OAO NOVATEK’s Board of Directors;
- To approve the remuneration to members of OAO NOVATEK’s Revision Commission.
The Company’s AGM will take place on 23 May 2008. Shareholders of record at the close of business on the 10 April 2008 will be entitled to participate in the Company’s AGM.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.