Press Releases and Events
To all counteragents of OAO NOVATEK and its subsidiaries
Moscow, 03 April 2012. Our subsidiary company, OOO NOVATEK-TARKOSALENEFTEGAS, was recently approached by several foreign companies, which received an offer from unknown persons to enter into export contracts for the supply of diesel, fuel oil, sulphur, natural gas, LNG and other products.
OAO NOVATEK (“NOVATEK”) would like to state the following:
1. Open Joint Stock Company (OAO) “NK “Tarkosaleneftegas” ceased its activities in March 2005 via reorganization by converting into a Limited Liability Company (OOO) Tarkosaleneftegas, and changed its name in November 2006 to OOO NOVATEK-TARKOSALENEFTEGAS;
2. According to publicly available information recorded in the Unified State Register of Legal Entities of the Russian Federation there does not exist any company with the name of “OAO Tarkosaleneftegas” or OAO “NK “Tarkosaleneftegas”.
a. Does not have any relation to the companies comprising the NOVATEK Group, including OOO NOVATEK-TARKOSALENEFTEGAS;
b. Contains untrustworthy or substantially outdated information (compiled from public sources); and
c. as evidenced by numerous mistakes in the Russian version, was set up outside the Russian Federation and translated by using a computer-aided translation system and therefore may serve as a resource intended for fraudulent operations;
4. NOVATEK’s wholly owned subsidiaries (including OOO NOVATEK-TARKOSALENEFTEGAS) neither produce nor export such products as: bitumen, fuel oil, sulphur, diesel fuel, kerosene, and other refined products.
5. NOVATEK and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for the actions of persons identifying themselves as representatives of nonexistent company “OAO Tarkosaleneftegas”.
6. NOVATEK reserves the right to use all lawful efforts to prevent fraud and violation of other rights in relation to the Group.
7. All the information relating to NOVATEK’s activities may be obtained at its official website www.novatek.ru
8. We urge all foreign participants operating in the petroleum markets to be very careful in selecting partners in order to avoid the potential risk of fraud and reputational damage.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.