Press Releases and Events
NOVATEK’s Board of Directors Approve Agenda for Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
Moscow, 17 March 2023. PAO NOVATEK (the “Company”) announced the results of its Board of Directors (the “Board”) meeting held today in preparation for the Company’s upcoming Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGM”).
The Board has approved the following agenda for the Company’s AGM:
- To approve the Company’s Russian statutory accounts and annual report for the year ended 31 December 2022, and the allocation of profit, including approval of the final dividend payable to shareholders based on 2022 results;
- Election of members of the Board of Directors of PAO NOVATEK;
- Election of members of the Revision Commission of PAO NOVATEK;
- To appoint the Company’s auditor for 2023;
- To approve the amendments to the Regulations on Remuneration and Compensations Payable to Members of Board of Directors of PAO NOVATEK;
- To approve the remuneration to members of NOVATEK’s Board of Directors;
- To approve the remuneration to members of NOVATEK’s Revision Commission.
The Board decided to convene the Company’s AGM on the 21 April 2023 in the form of absentee voting. Shareholders at the close of business on the 28 March 2023 will be entitled to participate in the Company’s AGM.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.