Press Releases and Events
Results of NOVATEK’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
- Approved the Company’s 2012 Annual Report and Financial Results according to Russian Accounting Standards (“RAS”), the distribution of profit under RAS, including the full year dividend payment for 2012;
- Approved the election of a new Board of Directors;
- Approved the election of the members of the Company’s Revision Commission;
- Approved the remuneration to members of the Company’s Board of Directors and to members of the Company’s Revision Commission;
- Approved the election of ZAO PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit as the Company’s independent auditors for 2013; and
- Approved the related party transactions between OAO NOVATEK and OAO Gazprom.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.