Press Releases and Events
NOVATEK’s Board of Directors approve agenda for Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
Moscow, 12 March 2015. OAO NOVATEK (the “Company”) today announced the results of its Board of Directors (the “Board”) meeting in preparation for the Company’s upcoming Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGM”).
The Board has approved the following agenda for the Company’s AGM:
1. To approve the Company’s Russian statutory accounts and annual report for the year ended 31 December 2014, and the allocation of profit and loss, including approval of the final dividend, payable to shareholders based on 2014 results;
2. Election of members of the Board of Directors of OAO NOVATEK;
3. Election of members of the Revision Commission of OAO NOVATEK;
4. To appoint the Company’s auditor for 2015;
5. To approve the revised version of the Regulations on Remuneration and Compensation Payable to Members of Board of Directors of OAO NOVATEK’s;
6. To approve the remuneration to members of OAO NOVATEK’s Board of Directors;
7. To approve the remuneration to members of OAO NOVATEK’s Revision Commission;
The Company’s AGM will take place on 24 April 2015. Shareholders at the close of business on the 23 March 2015 will be entitled to participate in the Company’s AGM. The recommended date for compiling the list of shareholders entitled to receive dividends is 5 May 2015.
The Board also approved amendments to the Company’s Regulations on Risk Management and Internal Control Systems in order to enhance efficiency and independence of the internal audit function and bring the Regulations into compliance with the new listing rules of Moscow Stock Exchange.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.