Press Releases and Events
NOVATEK announces results of Integrated Management System audit
Moscow, 29 April 2009. OAO NOVATEK (the “Company”) announced today the results of the first independent audit and certification of the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) for environmental, industrial and occupational safety at its main office and subsidiaries. The audit was performed by Bureau Veritas Certification and certifies NOVATEK in compliance with ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 180001:2007 standards.
The audit revealed the following strengths:
1. NOVATEK’s management promotes sustainable development practices in a dynamic and changing environment;
2. NOVATEK’s management and employees are actively involved in the Companies Environmental, Health and Safety Policy (EHS) implementation;
3. The Company applies advanced technologies to reduce the harmful effects of its operations on the environment, minimize health risks and improve occupational safety. Examples of which include, the construction of a drilling mud recycling plant and methanol regeneration plant among others;
4. NOVATEK employs industry approved software to monitor operational activities and EHS Policy procedures and compliance;
5. The Company uses information analysis systems to collect and analyze results from the IMS control process in cooperation with the its subsidiaries; and
6. The Company promotes a culture of environmental responsibility and safety throughout its operations.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.