Press Releases and Events
NOVATEK’S AGM elects new Board of Directors
Moscow, 2 June 2006. OAO NOVATEK announced today that the Company’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) elected its new Board of Directors. The composition of the new Board includes 5 independent directors and 3 executive directors as follows:
Independent Board members
- Anatoly Mikhailovich Brekhuntsov, General Director of OAO Siberian Scientific and Analytical Center.
- Vladimir Alexandrovich Dmitriev, CEO, Vnesheconombank.
- Anatoly Nikolayevich Dmitrievsky, Director of Oil and Gas Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences and Chairman of the Expert Commission on the Expert Council for Oil and Gas within the Russian Federation government for the implementation of oil and gas projects
- Ruben Karlenovich Vardanian, Chairman of BOD of Troika Dialog Group.
- Ilya Arthurovich Yuzhanov, Supervisory Board Chairman of ZAO
NOMOS-BANKand member of the Board of Directors of RAO UES of Russia.
Executive Management Board members
- Mark Anthony Gyetvay, Chief Financial Officer of OAO NOVATEK.
- Leonid Viktorovich Mikhelson, Chief Executive Officer andChairman of Management Board of ОАО NOVATEK.
- Alexander Yegorovich Natalenko, Chairman of the Board of Directors OAO NOVATEK.
PAO NOVATEK is one of the largest independent natural gas producers in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Area, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.