Press Releases and Events
NOVATEK Elects New Board of Directors
Moscow, 27 April 2020. PAO NOVATEK announced today that the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGM”) approved the election of members to the Board of Directors.
The following members were elected to the Board of Directors:
- Andrei I. Akimov: Chairman of the Management Board of Gazprombank (Joint Stock Company);
- Arnaud Le Foll: General Director of Total E&P Russie;
- Michael Borrell: Senior Vice-President of Total North Sea and Russia;
- Robert Castaigne: Member of the Board of Directors of VINCI;
- Tatiana A. Mitrova: Director of the SKOLKOVO Energy Centre;
- Leonid V. Mikhelson: Chairman of NOVATEK’s Management Board;
- Alexander Y. Natalenko: Honored Geologist of the Russian Federation and State Prize Laureate;
- Viktor P. Orlov: President of the Russian Geological Society (RosGeo), Laureate of the State Prize of the Russian Federation in the field of science and technology; and
- Gennady N. Timchenko: Member of the Board of Directors of PAO SIBUR Holding, Chairman of the French and Russian Companies Economic Board of the Franco-Russian Chamber of Commerce, and Russian Co-Chair of the Russian-Chinese Business Council.
PAO NOVATEK is one of the largest independent natural gas producers in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Area, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.