Press Releases and Events
To all counteragents of OAO NOVATEK and its subsidiaries
Moscow, 25 April 2012. OAO NOVATEK (“NOVATEK”) was recently approached by several foreign companies, which received an offer from unknown persons to enter into export contracts, for the supply of diesel, fuel oil, sulphur, natural gas, LNG and other products allegedly supplied by our subsidiary OAO Tambeyneftegaz. In addition to our previous press-release from 3 April 2012, located on our website at this address:
NOVATEK would like to state the following:
1. Open Joint Stock Company (OAO) “Tambeyneftegaz” is not currently involved in hydrocarbon production and does not export directly or through intermediaries such products as natural and liquefied gas, oil, bitumen, sulphur, diesel fuel, mazut, kerosene, fuel oil and other refined products.
2. The website www.tambeineftegaz.ru:
a. Does not have any relation to the companies comprising the NOVATEK Group, including OAO Tambeyneftegaz;
b. Illegally uses the name of OAO Tambeyneftegaz;
c. Contains untrustworthy or substantially outdated information (compiled from public sources); and
d. as evidenced by numerous mistakes in the Russian version, was set up outside the Russian Federation and translated by using a computer-aided translation system.
Therefore the website may serve as a resource intended for fraudulent operations.
3. The official website of OAO Tambeyneftegaz is located at http://tambeyneftegaz.ru and is written only in Russian to serve the purpose of disclosing information according to Russian corporate legislation.
4. NOVATEK and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for the actions of unknown persons allegedly identifying themselves as trading representatives of OAO Tambeyneftegaz.
5. NOVATEK reserves the right to use all lawful efforts to prevent fraud and violation of other rights in relation to the Group.
6. All the information relating to NOVATEK’s activities may be obtained at its official website www.novatek.ru.
7. We urge all foreign participants operating in the petroleum markets to be very careful in selecting partners in order to avoid the potential risk of fraud and reputational damage.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.