Press Releases and Events
Results of NOVATEK’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
Moscow, 27 April 2012. OAO NOVATEK (“NOVATEK” and/or the “Company”) has announced today the results of its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGM”) held in Moscow.
The AGM resolved the following agenda items:
- Approved the Company’s 2011 Annual Report and Financial Results according to Russian Standards of Accounting (“RSA”), the distribution of profit under RSA, including the full year dividend payment for 2011;
- Approved the election of a new Board of Directors;
- Approved the election of Leonid V. Mikhelson as the Chairman of the Company’s Management Committee;
- Approved the election of the members of the Company’s Revision Committee;
- Approved the remuneration to members of the Company’s Board of Directors and to members of the Company’s Revision Committee;
- Approved the election of ZAO PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit as the Company’s independent auditors for 2012; and
- Approved the related party transaction between OAO NOVATEK and OAO Gazprom – additional agreement to the Gas Delivery Agreement.
PAO NOVATEK is the largest independent natural gas producer in Russia, and in 2017, entered the global LNG market by successfully launching the Yamal LNG project. Founded in 1994, the Company is engaged in the exploration, production, processing and marketing of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons. Upstream activities of the Company’s subsidiaries and joint ventures are concentrated mainly in the prolific Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region, which is the world’s largest natural gas producing area and accounts for approximately 80% of Russia’s natural gas production and approximately 15% of the world’s gas production. NOVATEK is a public joint stock company established under the laws of the Russian Federation.