NOVATEK strives to raise OHS awareness among its employees through an annual employee training and professional development program based on the results of root cause analysis.
The Company places particular emphasis on the training of blue-collar employees and holds regular briefings for them. OHS training and testing take place on the job. The Company has a licensed automated training and knowledge testing system.
Managers and employees of subsidiaries and affiliated companies are regularly certified according to the rules of industrial safety in the territorial commissions of Rostechnadzor. From among them, attestation commissions have been established according to the rules of industrial safety, which carry out certification and admission of personnel to independent work at hazardous production facilities through the Unified Testing Portal information system.
The Company regularly delivers training to ensure that employees are sufficiently competent in the field of occupational safety and industrial safety. The training programs:
- cover all the Company employees as per appropriate procedures;
- are carried out by competent persons;
- provide for effective and timely initial and refresher training at set frequency;
- include feedback from trainees on how clear the course materials were and how well they have learned it; and
- are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect changes in laws and employees’ scope of work.